The Latest: Push to arm teachers part of Trump's school plan
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump's plan in response to school shootings (all times local):
President Donald Trump's plan to combat school shootings will include a push to arm teachers and other school personnel and improve the federal background check system.
But Trump's plan will not include an explicit call on states to increase the minimum age for purchasing assault weapons, as Trump had previously advocated.
Recommended Video: Now Playing: Donald Trump has been busy fuelling controversy over gun control in the US. In the wake of the shooting at Marjory... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:56 Chandler Rotary track meet to showcase record 3,800 athletes