The Latest: Rare public challenge by Sessions to Trump barb
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions (all times local):
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is defending himself against President Donald Trump's attacks about how the nation's top law enforcement official is handling Republican complaints about the Russia investigation.
Sessions rarely stands up in public to criticism from his boss. But this time, Sessions is fighting back, saying he's done the right thing by referring allegations of FBI surveillance abuse to the Justice Department's internal watchdog.
Recommended Video: Now... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...