The Latest: Russia introduces Aleppo statement at UN
BEIRUT — The Latest on the developments in the Syrian civil war (all times local):
Russia has introduced a draft statement to the Security Council calling on countries with influence on Syrian opposition groups to intensify efforts to separate moderate opposition forces from terrorist entities in besieged eastern Aleppo.
Russia's U.N. Ambassador Vitaly Churkin said Tuesday that the statement, which must now be approved by the 15-member council, also calls on all parties to prevent material and financial support from reaching groups designated as terrorists by the Security... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat