The Latest: Slain Honduran inspires women's equality fight
NEW DELHI — The Latest on International Women's Day (all times local):
The head of the U.N. women's agency says the fight for gender equality by 2030 should take inspiration from slain Honduran environmental activist Berta Caceras and women around the world working to achieve the goal.
UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka began her speech Tuesday to a U.N. event on International Women's Day on a somber note: She asked ambassadors, diplomats and activists for a moment of silence in tribute to Caceras, the feminist indigenous leader shot dead five days ago.
She then... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions