The Latest: Trump lauds family's release from long captivity
ISLAMABAD (AP) — The Latest on the release of an American woman, her husband and their three children after being held for years by a group with ties to the Taliban (all times local):
President Donald Trump is praising the release of a family long held by a group with ties to the Taliban. Trump calls Thursday's development a "positive moment" for U.S. relations with Pakistan.
He says in a statement that the Pakistani government's "cooperation is a sign that it is honoring America's wishes for it to do more to provide security in the region."
Trump says the U.S.... read more
- 10:10 These Arizona cities got perfect scores for LGBT equality
- 10:01 Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out....
- 09:58 John McCain memoir, 'The Restless Wave,' coming in April
- 09:56 94 deaths from plague in Madagascar, UN health agency says
- 09:45 As Congress drafts budget, could lure of oil-drilling revenue put...
- 08:35 An unpaid $7 Waffle House bill leads Louisiana police to a...
- 08:18 Trump blames 'radical Islam' for uptick in crime in Britain
- 07:19 Arizona submits bid for Amazon headquarters. Now we wait
- 06:25 Countries with the highest pollution deaths, mortality rates
- 04:14 Evoking slain son, Kelly defends Trump on condolence calls