The Latest: Trump seeks tariffs, says 'trade wars are good'
Now Playing: President Donald Trump has told U.S. aluminum and steel executives that he'll impose import tariffs 'next week' in a bid to boost American manufacturing. (March 1)
Media: Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump and trade penalties on steel and aluminum imports (all times local): (all times local):
President Donald Trump is arguing for steep tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, saying "trade wars are good."
In a tweet Friday, Trump writes: "When a country (USA) is losing many billions of dollars on trade with virtually... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler