The Latest: Trump tells Iowa farmers he's 'opened up Europe'
DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump (all times local):
President Donald Trump is claiming a trade breakthrough with European allies as he visits Iowa, a state where farmers are suffering under tariffs imposed by China in retaliation for Trump's protectionist policies.
Trump tells an audience at Northeast Iowa Community College that, "We just opened up Europe for you."
He says farmers will now have access to a big, new market and he is taking credit for the change.
The comments come a day after Trump's meeting with European Union Commission President... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...