The Latest: Trump threatens tax on European cars
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump, Republicans and trade (all times local):
President Donald Trump says the U.S. "will simply apply a TAX" on cars made in Europe if the European Union retaliates against the trade penalties he's seeking on imports of steel and aluminum.
The EU is promising retaliation against American exports if Trump follows through — as he says he will next week.
Recommended Video: Now Playing: Donald Trump was uncharacteristically quiet about dealing North Koreaâs nuclear ambitions when leaving church on Sunday. When asked by... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler