The latest: Tupola wins GOP primary for Hawaii governor
HONOLULU (AP) — The Latest on the primary election (all times local):
Hawaii state Rep. Andria Tupola has won the Republican primary for governor, defeating former state Sen. John Carrol and former Pearl Harbor nonprofit CEO Ray L'Heureux for the nomination.
Tupola is the House minority leader and one of only five Republicans on the 51-member body.
Tupola says one of her primary focuses as governor would be to address affordable housing and to fight for Native Hawaiians to get the opportunity to use land set aside for them decades ago. She also says the state needs to restructure... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...