The Latest: Venezuela officials: 12 dead overnight violence
CARACAS, Venezuela – The Latest on the ongoing political crisis in Venezuela (all times local):
Authorities in Venezuela say 12 people were killed overnight following looting and violence in the South American nation's capital amid a spiraling political crisis.
The Public Ministry confirmed the deaths Friday and said another six were hurt.
Most of the deaths took place in El Valle, where opposition leaders say 13 people were hit with an electrical current while trying to loot a bakery protected by an electric fence.
Tens of thousands of people opposed to Venezuela's socialist... read more
- 21:05 DPS: Serial speeder falls into trap set by Arizona troopers
- 21:01 Trades, not picks, could headline Arizona Coyotes' draft
- 20:47 Hosting congressional picnic, Trump calls for unity
- 20:22 Heat wave boosts burns in Phoenix as pavement, cars scald
- 19:42 SBOE members take issue with charter school proposal
- 18:29 I-17 closed for 11 miles in north Phoenix because of brush fire
- 18:22 FDA approves quicker-to-administer drug for blood cancers
- 18:04 Phoenix weather: 113 is considered good news after record highs
- 17:42 Phoenix boutique offers wedding dresses at fraction of cost
- 17:31 Fascinations tones down sexy products, hopes to lure more customers