The Latest: Venezuela officials: 12 dead overnight violence
CARACAS, Venezuela – The Latest on the ongoing political crisis in Venezuela (all times local):
Authorities in Venezuela say 12 people were killed overnight following looting and violence in the South American nation's capital amid a spiraling political crisis.
The Public Ministry confirmed the deaths Friday and said another six were hurt.
Most of the deaths took place in El Valle, where opposition leaders say 13 people were hit with an electrical current while trying to loot a bakery protected by an electric fence.
Tens of thousands of people opposed to Venezuela's socialist... read more
- 11:45 Germany says reviving G-8 with Russia 'not up for debate'
- 11:41 Reports of man with gun near Bostrom High School in Phoenix prompts...
- 11:36 House approves stopgap spending bill to avert shutdown
- 11:36 Trump signs executive order expanding drilling in Arctic, Atlantic...
- 11:32 Reports of man with gun near Phoenix school prompts lockdown
- 11:30 'World's heaviest woman' drops 713 pounds – or has she?
- 11:26 The Latest: Death penalty described as red line for Turkey
- 11:26 Tombstone of famed rabbi damaged in Czech town of Prostejov
- 11:17 Shocking Guatemala video shows car plowing through protesters
- 11:17 Massachusetts teen survives falling 200 feet off cliff in Switzerland