The Latest: WH says Trump was only joking about treason
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Trump's feud with congressional Democrats (all times local):
The White House says President Donald Trump was speaking "tongue in cheek" when he said congressional Democrats could be guilty of treason for refusing to applaud his State of the Union address.
Spokesman Hogan Gidley says Trump "was obviously joking" when he made the comments during an economic speech in Ohio on Monday.
Gidley says that what is serious is that it seems Democrats have put their personal hatred for Trump above their desire to see the country... read more
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest