The Latest: WHO: Ebola in Congo not global health emergency
KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — The Latest on the Ebola outbreak in Congo (all times local):
The World Health Organization says the ongoing Ebola outbreak in Congo does not yet warrant being declared a global health emergency.
For a health crisis to constitute a global health emergency it must meet three criteria stipulated by WHO: It must threaten other countries via the international spread of disease, it must be a "serious, unusual or unexpected" situation and it may require immediate international action for containment.
Recommended Video: Now Playing: Congoâs health... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump