Theater review: Comic dialogue and tragic profundity meet in ‘Annapurna’
Rarely does a play supply both entertainment and profundity. “Annapurna” is a welcome example of a such a play. The script pulses with credible, often amusing dialogue combined with a simple yet shattering story that honors the fragility of the characters and viewers alike. Using just two characters, each focused mainly on his and her own perspectives, the single act presents a universe of possibilities in less than two hours.
Laughter opened Perseverance Theatre's production of the play on Friday night as the lights went up to reveal Ulysses (Kevin T. Bennett) wearing nothing but an... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold