Theater review: Comic dialogue and tragic profundity meet in ‘Annapurna’
Rarely does a play supply both entertainment and profundity. “Annapurna” is a welcome example of a such a play. The script pulses with credible, often amusing dialogue combined with a simple yet shattering story that honors the fragility of the characters and viewers alike. Using just two characters, each focused mainly on his and her own perspectives, the single act presents a universe of possibilities in less than two hours.
Laughter opened Perseverance Theatre's production of the play on Friday night as the lights went up to reveal Ulysses (Kevin T. Bennett) wearing nothing but an... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...