There's still time to weigh in on Houston's proposed rules for building in the floodplain
Houstonians have until Monday to submit feedback on Mayor Sylvester Turner's proposals to tighten development rules in the city's most flood-prone areas.
More details on the city's proposed changes to its floodplain codes (Chapter 19) can be found here and the feedback form is linked here.
Turner originally had set a tighter timeline on the reforms, laying them out Feb.14 and aiming for a vote Feb. 28. But the mayor agreed with council members and residents' calls for more time. The item now is expected to appear on the council agenda March 21.
For a sense of the public debate on these... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat