There's still time to weigh in on Houston's proposed rules for building in the floodplain
Houstonians have until Monday to submit feedback on Mayor Sylvester Turner's proposals to tighten development rules in the city's most flood-prone areas.
More details on the city's proposed changes to its floodplain codes (Chapter 19) can be found here and the feedback form is linked here.
Turner originally had set a tighter timeline on the reforms, laying them out Feb.14 and aiming for a vote Feb. 28. But the mayor agreed with council members and residents' calls for more time. The item now is expected to appear on the council agenda March 21.
For a sense of the public debate on these... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...