They celebrated life and love in Holy Trinity church. Now it’s a condo building
As a child in the ’60s, Kathleen O’Connell squirmed in the pews of Holy Trinity German Church during midnight mass on Christmas Eve. She stared at angels on the ornate altar during her grandfather’s memorial service, and admired how the 110-foot steeple and puddingstone façade provided the backdrop for her great-grandmother’s wedding pictures.
Now, every time O’Connell walks past the building, she feels horrified. The church that her family had attended since 1888 has been turned into a high-end condo building called “The Lucas.”
Related Links Last of the units in this church-turned-condo... read more
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 15:21 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the defensive backs
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you
- 14:52 First lady recognizes 10 women with global courage awards