'Thirteen Reasons Why' author expelled from writers' group over harassment charges
CLOSE Netflix says it will add more trigger warning to its show “13 Reasons Why,” given its graphic depiction of sexual assault and suicide. Maria Mercedes Galuppo (@mariamgaluppo) has more.
NEW YORK — Best-selling children's author Jay Asher has been expelled from a prominent writers organization because of allegations about sexual harassment.
Lin Oliver, executive director of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, told The Associated Press on Monday that Asher had violated the society's harassment code. He was banned last year but the news only came to light with the... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida