Thousands march to demand more money for UK health service
LONDON (AP) — Thousands of people have marched through London demanding more government money for Britain's overburdened National Health Service.
Trade unions and the main opposition Labour Party backed the "NHS in crisis: Fix it now" protest.
Marchers with placards proclaiming "Save our NHS" and "More staff, more beds, more funds" made their way through central London on Saturday toward Conservative Prime Minister Theresa May's Downing St. office.
Britain's state-funded health service has been under mounting pressure, with demand from a growing, aging... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'