Ticker: If Detroit Lions draft wide receiver early, does that mean he's Calvin Johnson's successor?
You've seen the mock NFL drafts that project the Lions taking a wide receiver with the 10th pick (best-case scenario Clemson's Sammy Watkins, or maybe Texas A&M's Mike Evans).
Does taking another receiver that high make sense to anyone this side of Matt Millen? Maybe, if they're trying to assemble an ultra-potent passing attack, with Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate already in the fold.
But Michael David Smith said in a PFT Live video at NBCSports.com the Lions might have another motive.
Are they thinking about a day when they won't have Calvin Johnson anymore? he said. The reality... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia