Tiger Woods reflects on 1997 Masters in new book
CLOSESkip in SkipxEmbed
Woods sat down with USA TODAY Sports to discuss his new book which details his amazing run in the 1997 Masters.
NEW YORK — During the first week of April in 1997, Tiger Woods beat Arnold Palmer in a tense 18-hole match, shot 59 the next day playing with Mark O’Meara, made a hole-in-one and watched the launch of the Space Shuttle Columbia.
“I thought my prep was perfect,” Woods said Monday in an exclusive interview with USA TODAY Sports during a book tour to promote the release of The 1997 Masters: My Story (Grand Central Publishing, available... read more
- 18:39 Mylar balloons in power lines trigger outages in Gilbert
- 18:37 Coaches, players, writers reflect on impact coach Jesse Parker left
- 18:37 D-Backs Game Day: No J.D. Martinez or Paul Goldschmidt in lineup vs...
- 17:30 Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
- 17:05 Cardinals Training Day: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald won't play...
- 17:00 N.Y. pays $10,440 to restore FDR's Packard
- 16:47 Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets
- 16:08 Funeral services for Payson-area flash-flood victims begin Monday
- 15:58 Chip Ganassi would love Kyle Larson to run the 500, Larson has some...
- 13:43 Protesting a coffee house over gentrification fears is silly — and...