Tiger Woods reflects on 1997 Masters in new book
CLOSESkip in SkipxEmbed
Woods sat down with USA TODAY Sports to discuss his new book which details his amazing run in the 1997 Masters.
NEW YORK — During the first week of April in 1997, Tiger Woods beat Arnold Palmer in a tense 18-hole match, shot 59 the next day playing with Mark O’Meara, made a hole-in-one and watched the launch of the Space Shuttle Columbia.
“I thought my prep was perfect,” Woods said Monday in an exclusive interview with USA TODAY Sports during a book tour to promote the release of The 1997 Masters: My Story (Grand Central Publishing, available... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown