Tijuana downs LA Galaxy 4-2 to reach CL semis
TIJUANA, Mexico -- Ecuador striker Jaime Ayovi scored twice in the first ten minutes to lead Tijuana to the CONCACAF Champions League semifinals with a 4-2 win over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Tuesday.
Ayovi scored in the 2nd and 9th minutes as Tijuana claimed a 4-3 aggregate win over the two legs of the quarterfinals. Argentine striker Dario Benedetto added a goal in the 26th minute and Richard Ruiz lengthened the lead in the 80th for Tijuana.
Robbie Keane scored off an Omar Gonzalez cross in the 46th minute and found the net again in 84th for the Galaxy.
Tijuana, playing for the first time... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House