Time for another approach on Alaska gas line fiscal certainty
Alaskans have just been told gas line contract negotiations have not progressed satisfactorily. Thus, there is no time left to get a constitutional amendment allowing a vote on fiscal certainty on the 2016 ballot. The proposed amendment would provide the producers with the necessary assurances the state would not arbitrarily increase the tax rate over the life of the LNG project.
The producers have told the state for years that unless they had fiscal certainty on taxes they would not spend the large sums of money (around $3 billion) required for Front End Engineering and Design.
>A few... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein