Timothy Cardinal Dolan urges state lawmakers to OK education tax credits
Timothy Cardinal Dolan turned from religious leader to lobbyist Tuesday, pushing state lawmakers to approve up to $300 million in education tax credits.
Dolan spent the day at the Capitol urging Gov. Cuomo and legislative leaders to support legislation that would grant tax credits to people who donate to schools and other educational organizations. He argued it would encourage more donations to both public and private schools while also boosting funds for scholarships to parochial schools.
The state Senate, which is controlled by a coalition of Republicans and five breakaway Democrats, has... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced