Titans free agency: Why Malcolm Butler says he was benched in Super Bowl
CLOSE Titans general manager Jon Robinson said he’s happy with the team’s depth at the NFL Combine.
Former Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler, an unrestricted free agent who agreed to sign with the Titans on Tuesday, explained his mysterious benching in Super Bowl LII in an interview with the Boston Herald on Wednesday.
Butler said he got sick, went to a hospital and "wasn't as locked in as I should be and could have been a matchup deal." He said he holds no grudge against coach Bill Belichick or the Patriots, and he alluded to the coach's decision to play him as an undrafted... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes