Titans free agency: Why Malcolm Butler says he was benched in Super Bowl
CLOSE Titans general manager Jon Robinson said he’s happy with the team’s depth at the NFL Combine.
Former Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler, an unrestricted free agent who agreed to sign with the Titans on Tuesday, explained his mysterious benching in Super Bowl LII in an interview with the Boston Herald on Wednesday.
Butler said he got sick, went to a hospital and "wasn't as locked in as I should be and could have been a matchup deal." He said he holds no grudge against coach Bill Belichick or the Patriots, and he alluded to the coach's decision to play him as an undrafted... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat