Tom Cross wins GOP bid for treasurer over Grogan
CHICAGO -- Former House Republican Leader Tom Cross has defeated DuPage County Auditor Bob Grogan to win the Republican nomination for state treasurer.
Cross is from Oswego. He has been a member of the General Assembly since 1993, and spent a decade in the House leadership post. He highlighted his legislative experience on the campaign trail.
Grogan is an accountant who has worked as an auditor for DuPage County since 2008. The Downers Grove resident said he had the financial expertise best serve in the role.
The seat is being vacated by current treasurer Dan Rutherford, who made a GOP... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike