Tonto National Forest to ban campfires starting Tuesday
CLOSESkip in SkipxEmbed
Kaitlyn Webb from the U.S. Forest Service explains how a prescribed burn is conducted and how it helps the forest.
Tonto National Forest will impose fire restrictions beginning 8 a.m. Tuesday, banning open campfires and other activities that may spark a wildfire.
Rising temperatures have prompted the agency to restrict fires to metal fire rings in developed campsites, which means campers in undeveloped areas must use stoves, lanterns and heating devices.
The agency has also banned welding equipment, chain saws, or "operating combustion engines without... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston