Top 6th man Hayes boosts Wisconsin off bench
MADISON, Wis. -- A low roar of anticipation starts buzzing from the hometown fans as soon as forward Nigel Hayes gets the ball.
Maybe he'll try a quick, face-up jumper. Or drive the baseline for a reverse. Or some spin move in the lane.
He's just a freshman, but the 6-foot-7 Hayes has already become a key contributor who provides a jolt of energy off the bench. The Big Ten's Sixth Man of the Year is still learning — and that might be a scary proposition for opponents preparing for the second-seeded Badgers in the NCAA tournament.
Wisconsin (26-7) opens play on Thursday against... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat