Top EU official worried by north-south divide
VIENNA -- A top European Union official says he's worried by a widening gap between the continent's financially troubled countries - mostly in the south - and the more prosperous ones to the north as a result of the debt crisis.
Jose Manuel Barroso, the Portuguese head of the EU's executive Commission, said during a visit to Austria on Thursday that countries that are doing well "should show solidarity to the others."
Bailing out the 17-nation eurozone's strugglers hasn't been popular in richer countries such as Austria. Meanwhile, many in southern Europe resent the tough... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike