Top Texas officials keep mum amid clash over âthe downloadable gunâ
AUSTIN — Most of the top politicians in Texas said nothing publicly on Wednesday about an Austin-based nonprofit group’s legal battle over homemade guns that can be forged from plastic with a 3-D printer.
Defense Distributed posted blueprints for the guns on the internet on Tuesday, but was ordered later in the day to take them down by a federal judge in Seattle. Attorneys general in eight states and the District of Columbia had filed suit, alleging that making the directions publicly available posed a national security risk. The judge’s decision sparked heated debate about the intersection... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...