Tottenham holds off Leverkusen for Champions League point
LEVERKUSEN, Germany — Tottenham held off Bayer Leverkusen's constant pressure in the second half to earn a useful Champions League point in a 0-0 draw on Tuesday.
Vincent Janssen hit the crossbar for Tottenham in the first half and Dele Alli had the follow-up tipped over, but Leverkusen had the better chances after the break.
Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris scooped the ball away on the line after an effort by Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez — with goal-line technology showing that the ball hadn't fully crossed the line.
Monaco came from behind to salvage a 1-1 draw at CSKA Moscow and... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:50 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila not sweating spring results