Toyota hiring 1,000 workers as it consolidates in Texas
DETROIT -- Toyota isn't just relocating its U.S. headquarters from Southern California to Texas, it's fundamentally changing the way it operates its businesses in North America, says its North American CEO.
"Most everyone, when they think of Toyota, they think of a single company in the U.S., and we are really not," Jim Lentz, CEO of Toyota North America, said Tuesday during a one-day visit to Detroit. "We are a group of affiliated companies working together."
And even bringing those units together will create efficiencies, the move has created enough dislocation for the... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...