Toyota reportedly reaches $1.2B settlement to end investigation over sudden acceleration
Toyota Motor Corp. has reached a $1.2 billion settlement to end a U.S. criminal probe of sudden unintended acceleration that led to the recall of more than 10 million vehicles, two people familiar with the matter said.
The settlement, which isn´t final, may be announced as early as today, said the people, who asked not to be named because the accord isn´t public. The probe examined whether Toyota made false or incomplete disclosures to regulators about defects in its cars, and how it handled drivers´ complaints, said a third person, who also asked not to be identified.
The recalls blemished... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein