Toyota reportedly reaches $1.2B settlement to end investigation over sudden acceleration
Toyota Motor Corp. has reached a $1.2 billion settlement to end a U.S. criminal probe of sudden unintended acceleration that led to the recall of more than 10 million vehicles, two people familiar with the matter said.
The settlement, which isn´t final, may be announced as early as today, said the people, who asked not to be named because the accord isn´t public. The probe examined whether Toyota made false or incomplete disclosures to regulators about defects in its cars, and how it handled drivers´ complaints, said a third person, who also asked not to be identified.
The recalls blemished... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House