Trademark board tosses Alabama houndstooth opinion but fight may continue
Under orders from a federal judge in Birmingham, the national board that hears trademark appeals last week tossed out its precedence-setting opinion that the University of Alabama doesn't hold special claims to the houndstooth pattern.
However, the fight over that houndstooth opinion may not be totally over, according to the appeal board's March 3 order rescinding the 2013 opinion.
"The director of the USPTO (U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) specifically reserves the right to seek further review of the orders and opinions of the district court in this matter," according to the... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler