Trademark board tosses Alabama houndstooth opinion but fight may continue
Under orders from a federal judge in Birmingham, the national board that hears trademark appeals last week tossed out its precedence-setting opinion that the University of Alabama doesn't hold special claims to the houndstooth pattern.
However, the fight over that houndstooth opinion may not be totally over, according to the appeal board's March 3 order rescinding the 2013 opinion.
"The director of the USPTO (U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) specifically reserves the right to seek further review of the orders and opinions of the district court in this matter," according to the... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...