Trademark board tosses Alabama houndstooth opinion but fight may continue
Under orders from a federal judge in Birmingham, the national board that hears trademark appeals last week tossed out its precedence-setting opinion that the University of Alabama doesn't hold special claims to the houndstooth pattern.
However, the fight over that houndstooth opinion may not be totally over, according to the appeal board's March 3 order rescinding the 2013 opinion.
"The director of the USPTO (U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) specifically reserves the right to seek further review of the orders and opinions of the district court in this matter," according to the... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...