Trademark board tosses Alabama houndstooth opinion but fight may continue
Under orders from a federal judge in Birmingham, the national board that hears trademark appeals last week tossed out its precedence-setting opinion that the University of Alabama doesn't hold special claims to the houndstooth pattern.
However, the fight over that houndstooth opinion may not be totally over, according to the appeal board's March 3 order rescinding the 2013 opinion.
"The director of the USPTO (U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) specifically reserves the right to seek further review of the orders and opinions of the district court in this matter," according to the... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions