Trading one dog for another, 5-time Iron Dog winner VanMeter feeds his need for speed
KASILOF — It may be tough to see the parallels between running sled dogs and riding a snowmachine, but five-time Iron Dog champion Dusty VanMeter says the two sports have more in common than one might think, particularly when it comes to racing.
“There are a lot of similarities. You approach them both with the same mentality of monitoring them closely, not beating them up, and paying attention to every little detail the whole way through — or you’re not going to win,” he said.
>VanMeter should know. In addition to wins the 46-year-old has earned in the 2,000-mile snowmachine race from... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft