Trump breaks his silence on stock market decline
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has broken his silence on the stock market.
Trump tweeted Wednesday: "In the 'old days,' when good news was reported, the Stock Market would go up. Today, when good news is reported, the Stock Market goes down. Big mistake, and we have so much good (great) news about the economy!"
After a slightly lower open Wednesday, most stocks turned higher within the first few minutes of trading.
Trump has commented frequently on market gains during his tenure, but stayed silent Monday as the Dow Jones industrial average suffered its biggest one-day... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...