Trump calls on Sessions to end Mueller's Russia probe
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump called Wednesday for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to put an end to special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe, a day after Trump's former campaign chairman went on trial.
Taking to Twitter to complain about the ongoing Russia investigation, Trump said Sessions "should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further."
The relationship between Sessions and the president has been strained for more than a year, since the attorney general recused himself from investigations relating to the 2016... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...