Trump cites potential value of selling DC-area airports
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's long-awaited infrastructure plan calls for giving government agencies the authority to sell off airports, roads and other federal assets.
The president is calling for divesting assets when federal agencies can show the sale would "optimize taxpayer value."
The proposal lists Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Dulles International Airport as examples of the types of assets that could meet the criteria. Both are located in Virginia.
"Trump isn't trying to fix our infrastructure, he's trying to sell it off," said Rep.... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...