Trump condemns Taliban role in Afghan attacks, no more talks
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is condemning the recent string of deadly attacks by the Taliban in Afghanistan, telling a group of visiting ambassadors that "we don't want to talk with the Taliban."
Trump said at a luncheon that "innocent people are being killed left and right," including children. He says, "there's no talking to the Taliban."
The president's comments followed a deadly car bombing attack in the Afghan capital of Kabul that killed at least 95 people and wounded 158 more.
Earlier this month, multiple Americans were killed and injured in... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...