Trump condemns Taliban role in Afghan attacks, no more talks
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is condemning the recent string of deadly attacks by the Taliban in Afghanistan, telling a group of visiting ambassadors that "we don't want to talk with the Taliban."
Trump said at a luncheon that "innocent people are being killed left and right," including children. He says, "there's no talking to the Taliban."
The president's comments followed a deadly car bombing attack in the Afghan capital of Kabul that killed at least 95 people and wounded 158 more.
Earlier this month, multiple Americans were killed and injured in... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...