Trump economic aide says tax overhaul aimed at middle class
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's economic adviser is pushing back against the suggestion that the administration's tax plan could benefit the wealthy.
Gary Cohn insisted Thursday that the plan is "purely aimed at middle-class families."
Pressed on whether Trump himself could see a tax cut under the plan, Cohn told ABC's "Good Morning America" that the administration is "very confident that Americans are getting a great deal here." He added: "we have also said wealthy Americans are not getting a tax cut."
The blueprint released Wednesday by... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia