Trump economic aide says tax overhaul aimed at middle class
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's economic adviser is pushing back against the suggestion that the administration's tax plan could benefit the wealthy.
Gary Cohn insisted Thursday that the plan is "purely aimed at middle-class families."
Pressed on whether Trump himself could see a tax cut under the plan, Cohn told ABC's "Good Morning America" that the administration is "very confident that Americans are getting a great deal here." He added: "we have also said wealthy Americans are not getting a tax cut."
The blueprint released Wednesday by... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike