Trump imposes sanctions over Turkey's detaining of minister
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. will impose sanctions on two Turkish officials over a detained American pastor who is being tried on espionage and terror-related charges, the White House announced Wednesday.
President Donald Trump warned last week that he might impose sanctions against Turkey, a key NATO ally, for its treatment of Andrew Craig Brunson in a case that has strained U.S.-Turkish relations. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said his government won't back down and was willing to "go its own way" if the U.S. imposes sanctions.
White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'