Trump infrastructure plan relies on states for bulk of $1.5 trillion
WASHINGTON – The long-awaited infrastructure plan President Donald Trump is unveiling Monday will rely on states and local governments to come up with the majority of the funds for road, bridge and water projects in their regions.
The plan, outlined by administration officials over the weekend, calls for the federal government to invest $200 billion over the coming decade to leverage as much as $1.5 trillion in state and private infrastructure spending.
For Texas, that could create a challenge for officials in Houston and Austin to raise new dollars to capture additional funds for... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border