Trump infrastructure plan relies on states for bulk of $1.5 trillion
WASHINGTON – The long-awaited infrastructure plan President Donald Trump is unveiling Monday will rely on states and local governments to come up with the majority of the funds for road, bridge and water projects in their regions.
The plan, outlined by administration officials over the weekend, calls for the federal government to invest $200 billion over the coming decade to leverage as much as $1.5 trillion in state and private infrastructure spending.
For Texas, that could create a challenge for officials in Houston and Austin to raise new dollars to capture additional funds for... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...