Trump moves to regulate bump stock devices
WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump - under pressure from angry, grieving students from a Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 people last week - ordered the Justice Department on Tuesday to issue regulations banning bump stocks, which convert semi-automatic guns into automatic weapons like those used last year in the massacre of concertgoers in Las Vegas.
A day earlier, Trump signaled that he was open to supporting legislation that would modestly improve the national gun background check system.
But both moves, Trump's first embrace as president of any gun control measures, were... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...