Trump nominee for ambassador to Singapore withdraws
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says K.T. McFarland has withdrawn from consideration to be ambassador to Singapore.
Trump issued a statement Friday. He said McFarland served his administration "with distinction" and said Democrats "chose to play politics rather than move forward with a qualified nominee for a critically important post."
McFarland is a former deputy national security adviser in the Trump administration and former Fox News analyst. She was nominated in May. After the Republican-majority Senate did not act on the nomination by the end of last year,... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health