Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back: I've seen it myself
Texas congressman Beto O'Rourke corrected a Trump official on Monday after she falsely claimed the administration does not have a policy of separating families at the border.
Over the weekend, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen scolded media and advocacy groups on Twitter for "misreporting" asylum and immigration issues, ultimately concluding: "We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period."
O'Rourke, who visited a migrant internment camp in McAllen last week and marched on a tent camp in Tornillo on Sunday, rebuked Nielsen's comments on... read more
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend