Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
Now Playing: President Donald Trump has taken the first step in imposing tariffs on as much as $60 billion worth of Chinese imports. The order is aimed at punishing Beijing for stealing American technology and pressuring U.S. companies to hand it over. (March 22)
Media: Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — Primed for economic combat, President Donald Trump set in motion tariffs on as much as $60 billion in Chinese imports to the U.S. on Thursday and accused the Chinese of high-tech thievery, picking a fight that could push the global heavyweights into a trade war.
China threatened... read more
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...
- 01:23 Review underway for Russia probe documents ordered released
- 01:23 Trump praises Kavanaugh, says everyone will be heard out
- 00:45 Trump imposes tariffs on $200B more of Chinese goods