Trump picks California lawyer to head IRS
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's pick to lead the IRS is Charles Rettig, a tax lawyer from Beverly Hills, California.
If the Senate confirms him as head of the government's tax collection agency, Rettig would administer the Republican tax code overhaul. He has represented thousands of individuals and companies in civil and criminal tax matters before the IRS. Rettig has also served as chair of the IRS advisory council, which serves as a public forum for discussing tax issues with IRS officials.
Rettig has also defended Trump's decision to break with tradition by not releasing his... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House