Trump picks California lawyer to head IRS
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's pick to lead the IRS is Charles Rettig, a tax lawyer from Beverly Hills, California.
If the Senate confirms him as head of the government's tax collection agency, Rettig would administer the Republican tax code overhaul. He has represented thousands of individuals and companies in civil and criminal tax matters before the IRS. Rettig has also served as chair of the IRS advisory council, which serves as a public forum for discussing tax issues with IRS officials.
Rettig has also defended Trump's decision to break with tradition by not releasing his... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...