Trump praises TV commentator as possible economic adviser
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is praising CNBC commentator Larry Kudlow as a potential successor to outgoing economic adviser Gary Cohn.
The president says he's "looking at Larry Kudlow very strongly." He notes that while he and Kudlow "don't agree on everything," that might be helpful to him. He says he believes Kudlow has come around to believing in tariffs as a way to negotiate.
Trump recently slapped tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, a decision that has drawn criticism on Wall Street.
Trump says Kudlow is a longtime friend and notes that he backed his... read more
- 01:30 In DC primary, minimum wage is the main topic of discussion
- 22:14 Melania Trump 'hates' to see families separated at border
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe