Trump praises TV commentator as possible economic adviser
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is praising CNBC commentator Larry Kudlow as a potential successor to outgoing economic adviser Gary Cohn.
The president says he's "looking at Larry Kudlow very strongly." He notes that while he and Kudlow "don't agree on everything," that might be helpful to him. He says he believes Kudlow has come around to believing in tariffs as a way to negotiate.
Trump recently slapped tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, a decision that has drawn criticism on Wall Street.
Trump says Kudlow is a longtime friend and notes that he backed his... read more
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...
- 22:38 Trump calls for death penalty to 'get tough' on drug pushers
- 21:43 Colts add tight end Eric Ebron in free agency
- 21:42 Diamondbacks' Steven Souza looking to trim back on strikeouts
- 21:18 About that Isaac Haas brace project Purdue coach Matt Painter...
- 21:02 Florida High hires Charlie Ward as boys basketball coach