Trump prods Congress amid debate on immigration
WASHINGTON (AP) — A high-stakes Senate debate over immigration got off to a halting start Tuesday, with Republican and Democratic leaders immediately at loggerheads over how to move forward and President Donald Trump warning this was the "last chance" to extend protections to "Dreamer" immigrants.
Trump issued the warning in a morning tweet as the Senate opened what was billed as an unusual and open-ended debate on a host of immigration issues. Democrats had pushed for the debate, hopeful they might be able to craft a piece of legislation in real time on the Senate floor... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...