Trump's budget chief says money for border wall a must
WASHINGTON (AP) — Money for the wall President Donald Trump wants to build along the U.S. border with Mexico must be part of the massive spending bill Congress is preparing, the White House budget director says.
Additional funding also must be included to hire more immigration agents, Mick Mulvaney told The Associated Press in an interview in which he laid out the top priorities of the president.
Lawmakers hope to unveil the catchall spending bill next week. Democratic negotiators are likely to resist providing the down payment that Mulvaney says Trump wants for construction of the wall,... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston