Trump's interior secretary proposes shrinking national monument won by tribes
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE President Trump is taking on national monuments with his latest executive order. Veuer explains.
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is recommending a scale-back of a national monument in Utah created in December by President Barack Obama and backed by a coalition of Native American tribes.
In a conference call, Zinke described a desire to narrow the protections around Bears Ears National Monument, which covers 1.4 million acres of sparsely populated lands in southeastern Utah, but tasked Congress with sorting out many of the details.
The secretary stressed that... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold