Trump's interior secretary proposes shrinking national monument won by tribes
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE President Trump is taking on national monuments with his latest executive order. Veuer explains.
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is recommending a scale-back of a national monument in Utah created in December by President Barack Obama and backed by a coalition of Native American tribes.
In a conference call, Zinke described a desire to narrow the protections around Bears Ears National Monument, which covers 1.4 million acres of sparsely populated lands in southeastern Utah, but tasked Congress with sorting out many of the details.
The secretary stressed that... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco